Homemade Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe
A good pizza crust recipe is worth its weight in gold. This gluten free crust is one you can make any time you want a homemade pizza. Gluten free, it is the perfect base for your sauce and cheese.
Nothing says Friday like a cold drink and a large gluten free pizza. If pizza hasn’t made it back into your diet, try our favorite Gluten-Free pizza recipe tonight. We’ve been trying new topping combinations lately and are using the menus from these restaurants for inspiration. What’s your favorite pizza topping?
For more quick pizza topping ideas, check out my ebook, The Gluten Free Survival Guide. I’ve included all of my favorite recipes, plus a bunch of quick and easy Gluten Free Pizza Recipes. You also might want to checkout my other Gluten-Free Cheese Pizza recipe.
- Put your pizza stone into the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees .
- Heat the water in the microwave so that it is warm. Combine the water with the sugar and yeast in a small mixing bowl. Let your liquid mixture sit and “proof” while you get the dry ingredients ready.
- Combine the flour mix, salt and xanthan gum.
- Add the oil and vinegar to the yeast mixture, which should have some air bubbles by now. Then add all of liquid ingredients into the flour mixture and mix well with your hands.
- Place the dough onto a heavily floured rolling board (I use rice flour) and knead the dough for several minutes, working in the rice flour until you dough is pliable and not sticky.
- Roll the dough out into a circle that is approximately 1/8″ thick. Move the crust to the hot pizza stone ( a pizza peel makes moving the crust into and out of the oven much easier) and bake at 400 degrees until the top of the crust gets just a hint of color.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Add all of your toppings, and then put back in the oven to bake until your toppings look well done (e.g. cheese starts to brown).
Yields: 8 large slices
* If you’re allergic to soy, you can substitute All Purpose Flour Mix Recipe
More of our Pizza Posts: