A few weeks ago I posted a lesson on How to Make Gluten Free Scones. Several of you asked for my scone recipe, so I made it again this weekend so that I could take pictures for the post. It was a close thing on the pictures though. I had to snatch the serving dish away to snap a few shots before John and David had seconds. The final scone count was John – 4, David – 2, Mary Frances – 2.
- 250 grams (approx 2 c.) GFCS’ Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 65 grams sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. shortening, coconut oil or butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. milk or dairy-free milk
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the shortening or butter into the dry ingredients until the largest crumbs are the size of peas.
- Add the egg and milk to the dry ingredients, and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the dough and knead a few times so that they are evenly distributed.
- How to Make Gluten Free Scones and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over the top and sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Hide your share of the scones before the scone-starved husband and child realize they are out of the oven!