Here is a cookie recipe that combines nuts and chocolate chips to make a taste studded cookie. It does take all night for these to bake, but the end result is so good, you won’t mind.
Here is a recipe for one of my favorite cookies. As a kid, it was so hard to wait for the cookies to cook overnight, but it was so worth it the next morning when we’d have cookies for breakfast =)
If you’ve never beaten egg whites before, check out this lesson before you get started.
Yield: 1 dozen.
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 c. sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts** (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until the egg whites become foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar while you continue to beat the egg whites. Continue beating until the egg whites hold soft to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in the vanilla, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
- Cover a cookie sheet with greased aluminum foil. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven, and then turn the oven off. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight without opening the door.
Note: The cookies were too sweet for me with 1 c. of chocolate chips. I’ll probably back it down to 1/2 c. next time.
** I use chopped pecans.