Yield: Serves 4.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- canola oil
- 4 roasted chicken breasts, shredded
- GF barbecue sauce
- 8 oz. sour cream or plain yogurt
- 4 – 8 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 8 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- Thoroughly wash and dry the potatoes. Rub the skins with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees until tender in the middle. (This can take over an hour. You can plan ahead and cook the potatoes the night before and then reheat before serving)
- Heat the shredded chicken and barbecue sauce.
- Top the hot baked potatoes with chicken, barbecue sauce, butter, sour cream, green onions, and cheddar cheese.
Frugal Foodie/Vegetarian Option: Substitute chickpeas and steamed broccoli for the chicken.
Another Option: You could also try this with one of these delicious shrimp recipes.
If you’re interested in learning more about the weekly menu plan with shopping list from Gluten Free Suppers, click right sidebar of my blog.