Spinach Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
If you’ve made our spinach meatball recipe, you can easily upgrade t to a sandwich with this recipe. Just add some bread and tomato sauce, plus a little cheese and you’ll have one of the best sandwiches you’ve ever tried.
Here’s the follow-up recipe for the spinach meatballs featured in . I really liked this recipe – I enjoyed having a meatball sub for the first time in way too long and I enjoyed how quickly the meal came together.
We used Kate’s wrap recipe, but you could use any gluten free bread. I’d like to try it on my “Gluten Free Sandwich Bread” so that the bread can soak up more of the sauce.
(Yield: 4 Sandwiches)
- 12 Spinach Meatballs
- 8 slices of gluten free bread
- 1 bottle of your favorite Italian tomato sauce
- 2 c. of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Slice the meatballs in half. Place 6 halves on each of four pieces of bread.
- Pour as much tomato sauce as you like on top of the meatballs.
- Sprinkle each sandwich half with mozzarella cheese.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread, and heat the sandwich in the microwave – time will vary depending on the machine.