Zucchini Corn Saute Recipe
If you’re looking for a good side dish recipe, this one is great for using up summer produce. Zucchini and corn are mixed together and roasted just enough to give a smoky flavor to the food.
Corn and zucchini are both great summer vegetables and they come together in this recipe to make a tasty and easy side dish. The veggies take all for two minutes to prepare and the dish can cook away on the stove while you’re working on the entree. If it gets done before the rest of the meal, just pop it into a serving bowl, cover with foil and set it a warm oven. Be careful getting it out; it will be hot. (I know this because I’m always getting burned this way; my mind just doesn’t associate my serving bowls with “hot”!)
Since this recipe has only three ingredients it will be going into the “Easy Gluten Free” category. I redid the category section of the sidebar over the weekend, so take a minute to check it out when you have a chance.
(Yield: 4 side servings)
- kernels from two ears of sweet corn (or 1 1/2 c. corn kernels, if using canned or frozen)
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- feta cheese
- First stand the ear of corn upright and hold it with one hand. Then use a sharp serrated knife to cut the kernels from the cob. Start from the top and cut straight down to the bottom. Rotate the ear and repeat. Be careful not to cut so far in that you cut part of the cob off too.
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise and then slice each section so that you have little half-moons of zucchini. If your zucchini is on the large side, you can cut it into fourths before you slice it.
- Sauté the zucchini and corn in a skillet over medium-low to medium heat. Add a little water to the skillet if needed. The corn and zucchini will give off their own water so you won’t need much. Season to tasted with salt and pepper. Cook until you can easily stick a fork through the zucchini; 10 – 15 minutes maybe? I forgot to watch the clock =) Top with feta cheese and serve.