In this recipe, sweet potatoes and black beans form the base of a delicious gluten free meal. Add in a little apple and you have a recipe that is to die for.
Sweet potatoes, apples, and black beans. That’s what was on my counter one fall evening several years ago. Combined with a seasoning packet from my pantry, it turned out to be one of my favorite recipes of all time…one that I revisit several times each fall. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that all of that goodness is wrapped up in a hot, homemade flour tortilla.
Mmmm…just thinking about it making my mouth water. Time to go start supper!
(Made 4 large soft tacos – which we ate in one sitting.)
1. Peel and dice two sweet potatoes and boil till tender.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, saute the diced onions and jalepeno in a large skillet.
3. Add the black beans, diced apple, and seasoning packet. Mix well.
4. Once the potatoes are done, gently stir them in with the other ingredients being careful not to accidentaly mash them. Turn the heat to low and let everything sit while you make the tortillas.
5. Top the tortillas with chopped Romain lettuce and then spoon on the filling and enjoy =)
* Update: If you don’t have a packet of guacamole seasoning handy, try 1 tsp. cumin powder, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, and 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper. We tried it last night and loved it. ~ Mary Frances