View the Original Post
Parmesan Penne with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
By: Mary Frances Pickett
Date: September 29, 2008
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 60 Min
Simple meals like this pasta dish have abounded on our dining room table lately. It’s not the prettiest dish I’ve ever served (and this is a particularly unfortunate picture), but it’s hot and cheesy and delicious. Just what I need when I want to save my remaining energy for bed time cuddles with super silly little boy.
The recipe is really more of an outline than a recipe. I use whatever vegetables I have on hand and whatever beans are in the pantry. If you have leftovers that need to be used, your family will not feel slighted if you serve this to them. Be creative! Here are some combos that I think would be marvelous:
- roasted broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and chickpeas
- roasted sweet potatoes, chicken, and green chiles
- diced ham and roasted asparagus
- bacon, wilted spinach, and a “sunny-side up” egg
- 10 oz. box of brown rice penne pasta
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 4 large handfuls of roasted veggies
- 10 oz. leftover chicken, ham, or beans of your choice
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roast your favorite veggie in the oven at 400 degrees.
- Reheat the leftover mean or beans. Dice or shred meat into bite-size pieces
- Stir the veggies, butter, meat, and parmesan cheese into the drained pasta.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve.
This recipe has been brought to you by the Gluten Free Cooking School.
Be sure to visit www.GlutenFreeCookingSchool.com for more great recipes and information about Gluten-free living!