View the Original Post
Gluten Free Blueberry Scones Recipe
By: Mary Frances Pickett
Date: July 16, 2008
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
A few weeks ago I posted a lesson on How to Make Gluten Free Scones Like a Bakery. Several of you asked for my scone recipe, so I made it again this weekend so that I could take pictures for the post. It was a close thing on the pictures though. I had to snatch the serving dish away to snap a few shots before John and David had seconds. The final scone count was John – 4, David – 2, Mary Frances – 2.
- 250 grams (approx 2 c.) GFCS’ Gluten Free Flour Mix
- 65 grams sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. shortening, coconut oil or butter
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 c. milk or dairy-free milk
- 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
- Cinnamon Sugar
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the shortening or butter into the dry ingredients until the largest crumbs are the size of peas.
- Add the egg and milk to the dry ingredients, and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Fold the blueberries into the dough and knead a few times so that they are evenly distributed.
- Cut your scones into wedges and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drizzle melted butter over the top and sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes.
- Hide your share of the scones before the scone-starved husband and child realize they are out of the oven!
This recipe has been brought to you by the Gluten Free Cooking School.
Be sure to visit www.GlutenFreeCookingSchool.com for more great recipes and information about Gluten-free living!