View the Original Post
Easy Summer Coleslaw Recipe
By: Mary Frances Pickett
Date: July 21, 2007
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 0 Min.
As promised in my previous post, "How to shred cabbage with a knife (5 Reasons to do so!)", here is an easy recipe for all of the cabbage that you’re shredded by now. I usually use white cabbage (it’s green, really), but the red cabbage (purple, really) that I had on hand worked just as well. John and I could not discern any difference in the taste, and red cabbage added a lot of color to what would would have been a unicolor dinner.
Yield: 4 side servings
- 4 c. red or white cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 c. mayo
- 1 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Place 4 packed cups of shredded cabbage into a large serving bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the mayo, cider vinegar, sugar, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Pour the dressing that you’ve just made over the cabbage. Toss the dressing and cabbage until the dressing is uniformly distributed. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (I consider the refrigeration step to be optional; we usually start eating the coleslaw as soon as it has been tossed, and it usually does not even make it to the dinner table.)
This recipe has been brought to you by the Gluten Free Cooking School.
Be sure to visit www.GlutenFreeCookingSchool.com for more great recipes and information about Gluten-free living!