The key to approaching any lifestyle change is organization. If you can create a plan and keep from getting overwhelmed you’ll be a step ahead of the pack. One of the ways to be successful with a gluten free diet is to develop and then organize your gluten free products list.
Gluten Free Products
The first step is to create a list of gluten free foods. You’ll find that you’ll refer to this list again and again. You can use it as a shopping list, send it to friends and family to help them learn about your dietary requirements or take it with you when you go to restaurants. Here are a few types of gluten free products:
- Baking Mixes
- Beer and Alcohol
- Baking Supplies – Flour, baking powder, baking soda, chocolate chips, etc.
- Gluten free oats
Organizing Your List
There are a few methods you can use to organize your list. Here are a few suggestions:
- Organize by grocery aisle. This is a great way to speed up your shopping. If there is a particular store you prefer to shop at, organize your list in the same order as the aisles. You’ll find that this method of organization will greatly speed up your shopping trip. You can allso add your regular grocery items to the same list and you will cut your shopping time down. The only drawback to this method is that you’ll probably just want to list your favorites on this list so it won’t be a comprehensive list.
- Organize by food type. Some folks like to know all the gluten free products that are available in each category. For example, all the gluten free crackers and bread brands might be listed together. This is a good way to organize if you want to create a complete list of gluten free products. Categories might include breads and bread products, cookies, cakes, condiments, gluten free snacks and pastas.
- Organize by brand. Some find that they do most of their shopping online and having all products organized by brand speeds up the ordering process.
No matter how you organize your list, you’ll have an easier time of it if you do it on the computer. By starting an electronic list you can update it on a regular basis and change the sorting method anytime.
Once you’ve created and organized your gluten free products list you’ll come to depend on it. Be sure to update it as you discover new products. The investment in time will be well worth it as you create your own extremely valuable resource to gluten free products.
When you first begin your adventure into a gluten free lifestyle, one of the best things you can do is try a wide variety of gluten free products. You’ll be amazed at the variety of items available. Try enough and you’ll be sure to find a few that you wished you’d known about sooner. In this article we’ll give you a partial gluten free products list, a few ideas of where to buy gluten free items and a few tips for trying new products.
List of Gluten Free Products
While there are plenty of foods that naturally don’t contain gluten (fruits, vegetables, meats, etc.) there are plenty of “favorites” like cookies and other baked goods that traditionally contain gluten. If you can think of a food product that is made from wheat, barley or rye, chances are there is a gluten free replacement on the market. Here is just a partial list of general foods that you can look for the next time you take a trip to your supermarket or health food store:
- Wheat Free Bread
- Gluten free candy
- Garlic Bread
- Hamburger and Hotdog Buns
- Pizza Dough
Where to Buy Gluten Free Products
Most supermarkets have a health food section these days and that is a good bet for where to find gluten free products. Some stores, like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s have a bigger selection. Many towns also have a gluten free bakery. If you’re lucky enough to have one near by, take advantage! If you live in a rural area or your local grocery store doesn’t have a very wide selection online shopping can be a great resource. If you can think of a gluten free product, chances are you can order it online. When shopping online be sure to check into shipping policies. Some online merchants offer free shipping with larger orders so be sure to compare prices before ordering.
Trying New Gluten Free Products
Challenge yourself to try a new gluten free food every week. Changing your lifestyle can be challenging – but trying new foods can also be fun! Why not treat yourself to gluten free waffles tomorrow morning, or this weekend have a BBQ and enjoy your burger on a gluten free hamburger bun? You may even find some products you’d never thought of – like spaghetti made from corn! Who knows what kind of culinary experiences await you. Create a list of gluten free foods and add to it. Every meal can be an adventure when you have the mindset to try new things on a regular basis.