Organization can help anything – including living a gluten free lifestyle. By creating and keeping a list of gluten free foods, you’ll quickly see how helpful it can be. Here are 5 reasons (and there are certainly more!) to create your own list of gluten free foods.
- Shopping reference – A gluten free foods list is extremely helpful when it comes time to go grocery shopping. If you keep your list organized by store and by aisle, you will see how quickly you can accomplish your regular shopping trip. Some people choose to have an online list as well so that it’s easy to order all the gluten free foods that are not available locally.
- Keep track of favorites – With so many great gluten free products being introduced, it’s a good idea to keep track of which brands and items your family enjoys. You can even rate the items on your list. One way to get really organized is to use a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel and have columns for brand, item, store you buy it from, price and rating. No matter how you keep track of it, having a list of gluten free foods will help you know what you like – and also help you determine which products you have yet to try.
- Share with friends and family – If you are invited to dinner at a friend’s home, it’s nice to have a list of gluten free foods that you can share with them. Most people are happy to accommodate special dietary needs. With a list of gluten free food that works for a gluten free diet, your host or hostess will be well equipped to create a wonderful meal that works for everyone.
- Keep motivated – Having a huge list of gluten free foods that are OK to eat can be motivating. Any time you feel deprived or that you wish you could eat wheat, looking at your list will help you realize just how much food you CAN eat while staying healthy. A well built list can really serve to remind you how much variety is possible while remaining gluten free.
- Dining out – If you can bring a list of gluten free foods with you to a local family restaurant, chances are the chef can prepare an amazing meal for you – completely gluten free. More and more restaurants are realizing how important it is to be sensitive to dietary requirements. With a helpful list, you will make it much easier for the restaurant to help you.
Even if you find only one of these 5 reasons helpful, the time you spend creating the list will be well worth it.