Kate at Gluten Free Gobsmacked has tagged me for my first ever meme. Never heard of a meme; it’s kind of like a chain-letter for bloggers.
Here are the rules:
1. Once tagged, let others know who tagged you.
2. Players are to list 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules within their meme-tag post.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged.
Since this is supposed to be random, I going to do a stream of consciousness. Get ready, who knows what I may say.
1. I had a nose job when I was sixteen.
2. For 40+ hours a week, I work as a Certified Public Accountant. I prepare a lot of tax returns and March 16, April 16, September 16, and October 16 are four of the eight best days of the year. The others would be Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and my birthday =)
3. John and I have been taste-testing gluten free garlic and cheese biscuits tonight and we are painfully full!
4. We are in the process of “resurfacing” our kitchen. We’ve almost finished painting the ugly dark cabinets a nice, bright white. After that we’ll take down the ugly faux brown marble wallpaper and paint the walls a sunny yellow. And then, we’ll take up the berber carpet and replace it with something more appropriate. Yes, you read that correctly. Carpet in the kitchen. I really have no idea why.
5. I just started playing World of Warcraft with John. If you’d like to check out our exploits he occasionally writes about them at his blog, Draining Souls.
6. John and I both earned our undergraduate degrees from Samford University. But, for football I am an Alabama fan and John is a Georgia fan. Alabama and Georgia play this year, and that will be a tense game since we can’t cheer for the same team. However, Alabama and Georgia both play Auburn and Tennessee this year, so there will be four games in which we can both revel in our dislike/hatred for all things orange (for you non-football fans, Auburn and Tennessee both have orange in their colors). Rocky Top has to be the most annoying song ever!
7. We’ll be listening to football games on the radio this year, as we decided not to turn our cable back on for football season. Turning cable off was one of our experiments to increase our energy and productivity. This blog is proof that the experiment worked, and we’re not willing to sacrifice our free time to the TV gods, even for SEC football.
8. I was supposed to have a garden this year. I was late getting in planted because of tax season, and then the drought started. We managed to pick a few tomatoes, and that’s it. The temps are cooling down here and we’ve been getting some rain, so I’m hoping to get a fall garden in the ground over the next week or two.
Now, who shall I tag. Hmm.. everyone on my Blogroll has already been tagged, so if you’d like to be tagged, email me at maryfrances[at]glutenfreecookingschool[dot]com and I’ll tag you.