This week a commenter mentioned that she was developing several celiac disease symptoms and asked for advice on starting a gluten free diet, so I’ve decided to use her questions as an impetus to write a series of articles. I sat down last night and jotted down a list of 10 actions that I would take if I were starting a gluten free diet again. I’ll start the series by expounding on these points, and then see where it goes from here. Feel free to chime in with your own advice and questions as we go.
1. Figure out what you’re going to eat for the next week.
2. Go grocery shopping.
3. Cull your gluten contaminated cookware.
4. Start learning about what foods contain gluten and what foods do not.
5. Decide whether your household will go completely gluten free or not.
6. Identify the gluten free foods in your pantry.
7. Figure out what to eat for the next week.
8. Go grocery shopping and start figuring out what gluten free foods your grocery store carries.
9. Bake a loaf of gluten free bread.
10. Stock a basic gluten free baking pantry.