Here is a recipe for one of my favorite cookies. As a kid, it was so hard to wait for the cookies to cook overnight, but it was so worth it the next morning when we’d have cookies for breakfast =)
If you’ve never beaten egg whites before, check out this lesson before you get started.
Yield: 1 dozen
2 egg whites
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 to 1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 to 1 c. chopped nuts** (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. With a mixer, beat the egg whites and salt until the egg whites become foamy.
3. Gradually add the sugar while you continue to beat the egg whites. Continue beating until the egg whites hold soft to stiff peaks.
4. Gently fold in the vanilla, chocolate chips, and chopped nuts.
5. Cover a cookie sheet with greased aluminum foil. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.
6. Place the cookie sheet in the oven, and then turn the oven off. Leave the cookies in the oven overnight without opening the door.
Note: The cookies were too sweet for me with 1 c. of chocolate chips. I’ll probably back it down to 1/2 c. next time.
** I use chopped pecans.